Due to the recent changes, your eligibility for the TRT stream is subject to when you held your Subclass 457 or 482 visa.
Pre 18 April 2017
If you applied for your Subclass 457 visa prior to 18 April 2017 and your visa was granted, you can apply for Subclass 186 visa if you can satisfy the following:
- You have worked with your sponsor for a minimum of two years while holding the Subclass 457 visa.
- You are under 50 years of age at the time of application.
Post 18 April 2017
If your Subclass 457 or 482 visa was granted after 18 April 2017, you can apply for Subclass 186 visa if you can satisfy the following:
- Your occupation is listed on the MLTSSL
- You have worked for your sponsoring employer for 3 years on a Subclass 457 or 482 visa.
- You are under 45 years of age.
It is important to note that if you are grouped in this category, you will not be able to apply for a Subclass 186 visa if your occupation is now listed on the STSOL unless you are located in a regional area and have worked for the sponsoring business for three years whilst holding a Subclass 457 or 482 visa.